Tuesday, September 08, 2009

I want!

I would love to take this class at the Visual Arts Center of Virginia!

Draping - Learn to Design Using a Dress Form

Learn to drape your own design ideas with muslin on a dress form. This course is ideal for people interested in exploring fabric draping and clothing construction using a dress form. We will use different types of fabrics to play with clothing designs that fit and flatter your body. Draping is used to construct necklines, blouses, skirts and sleeve pieces. This course will cover basic, classic, and contemporary draping and pleating techniques.

6 Mondays, October 26 – November 30
6:30 – 9:00 p.m.
$140 / 6 = only $23.33 a class!

I really need to start making enough money so that I can treat myself to something like this one of these days. It's funny because I never thought I had money before but hindsight sure is a hoot, isn't it?! I mean, I could have swung this class with almost any of my other jobs before this one.

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

That would be so fun! Now that I have a dress form, I really want to take a draping class. It'd be fun to make patterns through draping instead of paper.

Maryissewfast said...

I want to go too!!!

kristena marie said...

Oh, I want too!!!