Sunday, March 28, 2010

1. A-line Skirt - Built By Wendy (Sew U)



Pattern Description: A-line skirt from Sew U by Wendy Mullin, pattern was included in book.


Pattern Sizing: I made the Medium (sizes 6 & 8) straight from the pattern, no adjustments.
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes, it did look like the drawing in the book.
Were the instructions easy to follow? Extremely easy to follow.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I liked that the pattern fit without any adjustments.
Fabric Used: A thin wale black corduroy from my stash.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I made no changes to the pattern or in the sewing of the skirt. However, I did use Seams Great on all the raw edges because this fabric started to unravel. It wasn't till later I found that it also comes in black which would have been perfect for this project. Oh, well.


Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I will definitely make this skirt again. It is now my TNT A-line skirt pattern.

Conclusion:
I was amazed how well this pattern fit me. I have quite a deep curve in my back below the waistline and this skirt fit it perfectly.




Worn with Simplicity 4077 and Simplicity 3835 (another Wendy Mullin pattern)

7 comments:

Debi said...

Fantastic skirt! It looks great. Isn't it nice when you don't have to make any alterations?

Shannon said...

Such a classic skirt and a very flattering shape on you!

drwende said...

I'm looking at the photos and muttering, "So there is someone who looks fantastic in that skirt silhouette! It's lsaspacey."

Julia said...

You look great in that skirt! It's definitely a winner!

Gretchen the Household Deity said...

The fit is perfect! Very flattering.

marLou said...

I'm probably the last person to know about Seams Great product but thanks for the tip. I did not know this product existed but I am new to sewing so there is alot I don't know anything about.

Skirt looks great! Very flattering.

A DC said...

I have one of those deep back dips too.
That's a great skirt, very flattering. :)