Wednesday, June 30, 2010

One of those days...

I'm having one of those days that is so bad you have a hard time thinking about it and when you think about it your stomach knots up.

All I want to do is procrastinate (like writing on my blog, cutting out a new dress, doing laundry) instead of dealing with it. I need a new job.

I put my car in the shop because it desperately needed it. Loud mystery noises, no AC during the hottest June on record here, and the VA state inspection was due. Now my car is stuck at the mechanics because the only credit card I still have does not have the space for this repair and I do not have the cash for it either. I was so sure I had at least $200 available, but no.

So, besides that I literally do not have the money to get through this month especially if my landlord expects the full rent payment. However, I'm hoping I can get a few hundred off that because of the lack of ac for an entire week and the expected higher electricity bills for the two portable AC units that they put in place now. I did sell a pattern today but $7 isn't really going to help much. How did I do this to myself?!!!!

4 comments:

denise Calhoun said...

Oh, man. I hear you. Hubby has been out of work for more than a year. And I live in a small town. Our choice, although I have wanted to move for 5 years. So, I ask myself the same question: How? Of course, I know the answer.

Anyway, my thoughts are with you. Things will get better.

Uta said...

I've been reading your blog for quite a while now and really enjoy it. You're such a creative person. I'm sure you'll think of a creative way to improve your situation. Hang in there, I'm sending good thoughts your way!

Anonymous said...

*hugs* I know I can't say anything that will make things better, but I am sending all my good thoughts and wishes your way. I wouldn't have made it through the summer last year without the support of my parents and a small loan to fix my car (which took me ages to pay back). Being an adult sucks sometimes. I do believe there is always a solution to our problems and help to be had---but I also know sometimes we just need a place to vent. So vent away! We care and we're listening.

Antoinette said...

I'm hoping the knots are unkinking for you and the future is looking up.