Sunday, June 02, 2013

The Me-Madeness of it All!

I know I've given you no proof of this but I participated in Me-Made-May.


I actually wore at least one me-made item of clothing every day, but I didn't really plan it. It just happened. Looking at my closet today, I fully see why it was possible. I finally have enough clothes, at least for this season's warmer weather. When I open the closet door, right off the bat, I can see that at least 50% of the contents in immediate view were made by me.


A quick inventory of items worn in May:

Tops:
  • 1 mustard asymmetrical knit top - Burdastyle
  • 1 multi-colored long sleeve twist top - Butterick 5429
  • 1 black knit boatneck tee - New Look 6838
  • 1 red, black, and white long sleeve knit boatneck top - New Look 6838
  • 1 blue patterned long-sleeved cotton Scout - Grainline #31002
  • 1 neutral cotton print Scout - Grainline #31002
  • 1 red brushed twill Scout - Grainline #31002
  • 1 floral gathered sleeve cotton top - Simplicity 3835/Vogue 8392 combo
  • 1 neutral twill cap-sleeve top - McCall's 4632
Skirts:
  • 1 black corduroy skirt - Sew U
  • 1 grey wool suiting skirt - Sew U
  • 1 blue denim wrap skirt - Simplicity 8126  (weekends only)
  • 1 gray cotton gathered skirt - Pattern Runway
  • 2 slips, pink and blue
Dresses:
  • 1 belted brown cotton dress - Simplicity 2406
  • 1 green linen shift dress - New Look 6939
  • 1 off-white shift dress - Burdastyle
  • 1 autumn floral belted dress - Simplicity 5190
Pants:
  • None. Zilch. Nada. (need to remedy that)
As you can see, it was basically all upper body participation, pairing me-made tops with ready-to-wear bottoms. I did get it done though. It counts.

Now on to make more items...

1 comment:

Kyle said...

Congratulations!! Great job!