Thursday, March 20, 2014

3.20.2014 - General Update

What is going on now:
  • My Crepe Suzette Clutch is done and I am loving it so much! Photos and review upcoming.
Simplicity 6145

  • Simplicity 6145 muslin stitched up as a top - must cut larger size from waist down to accommodate bottom half and I have some small sleeve issues to deal with. Note: I cannot stand sewing slippery polyester fabric!!!
  • Simplicity 5289 double knit dress cut out and all darts have been thread traced.
  • Two different types of waistbands cut out for Grainline Moss muslin 3.
  • Zippers and buttons acquired for all Spring 2014 wardrobe patterns. The buttons were all found in my stash and zippers only cost $4.
  • Stepped into the Gap and feel in love with quality and fit of their Ponte blazer in Heather Blue ($88). A ponte blazer is a great idea, you should definitely go check it out. The sweatshirt-gray version was on sale for $47 in the store.
  • On hold off-and-on with a service provider today for three hours, was getting close to conclusion when my phone died!!! Got back in line a few hours later and after being on hold another hour found out they could not do what I needed done. Arrrrgggghhhh.
  • Checked out from the library copies of Sewing Lingerie and Sewing with Knits, two other volumes of the Singer Reference Library series. Highly recommend them and will probably search for a used copy of both. Already own two others from this series that I found for 99 cents each at Alibris.com.

2 comments:

Mugsy's in Stitches said...

No wonder you loved the blazer - such a nice cut! :) Wow, so many projects in your que, how do you do it all?? *lol* Heck, I procrastinate until after the cows come home, so I guess I know what problem I need to fix, eh? ;)

Virginia at A Sewing Life said...

It's all about the process! Interesting to hear what's in your queue. Looking forward to seeing some of these projects!